My standard fee is $175 session.
Therapy sessions typically last 50 minutes and cost $175; Initial evaluations are usually longer.
I am committed to making treatment available to those who need it and I offer reduced rates for students and other individuals in financial need. If you believe that I am a good match for you and that you may be eligible for a reduced rate based on financial need, please indicate this in your initial phone call or email. If I cannot accommodate your financial situation, I will try my best to assist you with finding appropriate referrals.
I accept checks and major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Payment is due at the time of your appointment.
Once you have scheduled an appointment, you will be expected to pay for it unless you provide 24-hours advance notice of cancellation. You will be charged for no-shows and for appointments cancelled with less than 24-hours notice.
Please feel free to discuss any billing or payment matters with me.
I am a preferred provider with Blue Cross, AETNA and Tri-West. If you have behavioral health insurance with Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna or Tri-West, please provide your insurance information and I can verify your behavioral health benefits. Please note that within California, Blue Cross and Blue Shield are two separate companies. I AM an in-network provider for Anthem Blue Cross, but I AM NOT in-network for Blue Shield of California. If you have Blue Cross/Blue Shield from another state I may be an in-network provider.
If you have mental health coverage by another insurance company and have a PPO plan, services with me as an “out of network provider” may still be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. I am willing to complete the necessary paperwork for you to receive any mental health benefits to which you are entitled. However, you are responsible for paying me for your sessions regardless of what your insurance company decides, and I cannot guarantee that you will be reimbursed. If you wish to be reimbursed, it is important that you discuss these issues with your insurance company prior your first appointment.
If you plan on using insurance to pay for psychotherapy, please be aware of the following information:
- Payment for psychotherapy sessions by insurance companies requires me to submit a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Most mental health insurance plans require pre-authorization before the first session, or billing will be denied until that authorization is obtained. Please be prepared to provide your authorization number, co-payment, and number of sessions allowed at your first appointment.
- Insurance companies do not pay for missed sessions or late cancellation fees. If you miss an appointment or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you are responsible for the entire contracted rate (your regular co-pay plus the insurance portion).
- If you decide to use your insurance for psychotherapy, check your coverage carefully before the initial session by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What insurance company provides my mental health coverage and what is the billing address to send claims?
- Do I need to obtain an authorization for individual psychotherapy?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How much does my plan cover for an in-network and out-of-network provider?
- What is my co-pay for Individual Psychotherapy sessions for an in-network provider?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?